Sealing of a leaking pipe penetration / wall bushing with injection resin.
This method is suitable for all pipes or feed throughs and create a permanenent waterproof collar around the leaking pipe. The advantage is the swellability combined with flexability. This special features enable the use in advanced surroundings. This could be pipes with a hot or cold medium inside, or pipes which contains cables. This is the final solution for all sealing tasks around pipes.
Procedure and Preparation
- excavate the pipe and remove concrete or mortar
- circular app .30 – 40 mm wide.
- 60 – 80 mm deep
- Remove dirt and concret left overs from the pipe surface
- In case of flowing water drill in 45° angle into the back part of the cavity to release the water. (Ø= 10 – 13 mm)
- Komprischaum 130 is an injectable foam structure, available in strips a 30 x 70 x 2000 mm. It works like a scaffolding – the resin spreads controlled inside of the foam structure. This Komprischaum strip will be dunked into water and the inserted into the cavity around the pipe, like a collar. The ends must befixed together with wire.
- Close the opening with Silipox Baukleber 824 (Epoxy glue) or SealFix 930 Expansion mortar (swellable mortar for drilling hole closing).
- let a ventilation hole in the upper part, this is necessary to release the air meanwhile injection
- Let it cure
Injection with HydroBloc 575 Integral
- Inject the Komprischaum collar with HydroBloc 575 Integral, the swellable and elastic PUR resin. Do not use too much pressure. 10 bar are more than sufficient.
- The HydroBloc 575 Integral is ready to use resin. Therefore it doesn´t need acceleration or mixing. Just open the can and start pumping. The material will cure immediately with the humidity in the Komprischaum ( dunked into water before placing inside the hole)
Most of all this method guarantees a hazzle free waterproofing!
ARCAN ….. always one step ahead